Pages

Tuesday, June 7, 2011

New lines at every age

So am just back from a dream holiday and into those soul searching moods trying to understand life, ok guys attempting to understand life and I stumble upon the latest bazaar magazine. Must confess its one of my favourites. There is a lot of stuff that’s inaccessible and makes me just flip through the pages without a second glance. When I say inaccessible I mean its not even aspirational.

Anyways so coming back to the woman who made me get back to writing is none other than Sushmita Sen. Yes I think she is intelligent, gracious, gorgeous and conducts & carries herself with utmost dignity. So while the journo asks her all about her style and she talks about how she her sense has evolved from being a regular teenager in Delhi to her style after she won the pageant and how style evolves with age. So true. Cant even think actually I can but maybe I don’t want to share how I was way back then.

So while she talks us through her favourite designers they ask her about looking fab at every age and she says, “ It’s very important to like yourself. ‘At every age there are NEW LINES, new structural changes in your body, on your skin. When you start accepting and liking your flaws, they go away. Learn to like that extra line which comes when you think; it wasn’t there before – you’ve earned it.”

Here are her pics when she was 19 and now when she is 35.



I loved her thoughts on this. It makes me go back in time though not long ago when I turned 30 and everybody around told me dam, you’re getting old, you will grey and need to start worrying about anti – ageing, hair colour and middle age crisis and all that crap. But now when I think about my self I feel wow I’ve never felt better about myself. I’ve evolved in every sense and I’m so comfortable in the space I belong today.

So all those women don’t let those lines, the colour, sagging skin, etc take you over. Its important to address it but not get bogged down by it. You are just as appealing to all the people who matter to you as you were earlier or may be even more. They appreciate you now more than ever before.
P.S. For all those who’ve skipped watching Turning 30 starring Gul Panag, please watch it.

No comments: