Pages

Saturday, April 24, 2010

Exposure

So am at the parlour getting my hair done and see this mom here with her two teenage daughters. While the mom is a simple and elegant lady the daughters gorgeous and full of themselves.

Ok so she is all of 15 and gets her hair washed, cut and dried. Her nails perfect and while her mom gets her hair cut she can't stop admiring herself in the mirror flipping her hair from one side to the other, playing with the bands and ofcourse clicking her own photos. She stands in front of the mirror and poses with a profile and a pout... So perfect that I have already drifted 10 years away when my daughter will do the same thing and how will I react.

Anyways can't blame these kids for what they are going through cause as parents somewhere we are the ones who have exposed them to all that they know. While all these thoughts are going through my head the other daughter whose all of 10 asks the hair stylist for some hair serum to settle the frizz. I wonder when I was 10 did I even know or care whether my hair was frizzy or what serum is?

Coming back to exposure its such a thin line where you don't know if its the right or not. Gadgets, gizmos, movies, parties, clubs, make up. Every bit of it the kids are exposed to so much and they are learning it all from us.

While the girl is taking her own pics she is tucking her stomach in to ensure whatever little flesh that she has is also not seen. Obviously fitness is among the top 10 on their priority list.

So before they leave they do their eyes, dab some lip gloss all ofcourse of their mom, coz its all expensive. They rather use their money on stuff their mom doesn't buy.

In all of this forgot that I'd actually come for relaxing hair spa... Which is over... Damn

No comments: