Pages

Thursday, May 3, 2007

Marriages are forever!!!

It’s a concept that’s passé or do I believe in it. I want to believe its forever. That’s how mom told me it should be. I saw a film off late, “Metro”, it was a very over the top depiction of lives of people in the city. (Was it over the top or I want to believe all this happens only in the movies).

You know when people who boasted about their married life soon after marriages, people mocked at them saying, dude it’s only a year wait for some more and lets talk then. I wonder what happens then. Do people take each other for granted; they lose interest in each other, do other things take priority.

What, what makes this toy lose its charm? In the movie there was a couple who lost themselves to work, frustration, one of the two sacrificing their ambitions, taking aback seat in the career to let the other accelerate. One couple where the guy was clear and the girl confused of what she really wanted in life!!!(Don’t we all go through this). One where both liked each other, unaware of what the other felt, but couldn’t let go off their dreams.

Great story and so normal…doesn’t this happen to all of us. I know of so many couples who have separated in their minds long ago but are still together to face the world. They know they are either best together emotionally or physically. But incomplete together.

They both have parted their ways and are with different people just completing the roof for their children. Their philosophy is ‘If I don’t see it, it doesn’t harm me’. What kind of philosophy is that, but it works for them…

Then there are also people who inspite of the cracks want to make it work… because they believe its forever… or maybe they don’t know how else to be. They have reached complacency and don’t want to know how it would be otherwise. I think people who are in this state are not weak as you would want to call them. May be they are the only ones who haven’t looked out of their marriages and somewhere atleast made an attempt to keep the institution going.

I think it’s the easiest and most foolish to let things fall apart especially after you have invested so much in it. Trust me holding on is tougher then letting go. Why don’t people realize that they have invested so much of themselves in it, it may be just take a little more to make it work after all there are pleasant memories even now. I’m in no way proposing misery, if it causes that, its time to move on. But never let go off without atleast trying, may be it could be forever

No comments: