Pages

Thursday, May 3, 2007

Oh! one last time

More often than not we say "ok honey from tomorrow, tonites the last time". This is the statement you hear most often from your loved ones, colleagues and ya your conscience...


How many times have you woken up to go the gym and said to yourself, I will definitely go from tomorrow, let me sleep the last time today, A husband tells his wife I will quit smoking from tomorrow, let me smoke one last time today, when your colleague makes a mistake and tells you alright this is the last time I'm doing this, I will be careful from the time hereon.

Does that one last time come, do you really quit the next time, are you honest the next time... these are all questions you wish we could answer but its really weird, tough and ya sometimes impossible...

Time is too short get up and go to the gym today tomorrow is always late... stop smoking today... tomorrow is too late... make no mistakes today...tomorrow maybe too late...

The most important time is now, you never know if the same circumstances will exist tomorrow, you never know if the same people will be there tomorrow... the most important time is now.

It's the only time you have control over...so don’t procrastinate today...instead act today...

Do all things you always wanted to do… go by the country side... sleep under the stars…go to ladakh…learn a language… bake that perfect cake… play a musical instrument…sing a song to your girlfriend…tell your parents you love them…read the gita to your grandmom whose eyesight has now gone blur…be a horse to your kids who always yearned for your time…help an underprivileged child…

Do it now, tomorrow is too late!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Taken for granted - that's what it is. Only after we lose something, or if we are really unlucky someone, do we realize how lucky we were to have had it in the first place.

You are so right - the time is really now!

Without giving away my age (fairly old now!!), I have to admit that I learnt this lesson the hard way.

But at least I learnt the lesson.

I played a lot of indoor sports but could never quite make the cut since I always said I will exercise tomorrow.

My lungs and heart had a huge scare becasue I always said - I will stop smoking tomorrow.

My wife and I are separated as I always kept telling her - I will be there for you tomorrow but I am busy at work right now.

When will we realize that life is not permanent, that even though we cannot see the end but the end is always near, maybe round the corner?

I did an interesting exercise one day. I sat down all alone, with piece of paper and a pen, and wrote down all the things and people that were important to me.

And in the last 5 years since I wrote on that piece of paper, I have always tried to do justice to what I wrote.

It helped. I have a smile on my face. I may not have been the best but at least I tried my best.

I also still have that piece of paper - it is on a soft board in my bedroom. I never sleep without seeing it every night.