Pages

Wednesday, May 9, 2007

Noise to some & Music to the others!!!

Yesterday was a really hard day at work, actually not the best days at work. I was coming back from work at about 9.p.m. tired after traveling for an hour, dreaming of things that I wish to achieve but are a little far away, Thinking of things that have slipped away on my journey uphill.
Actually one of those days when you talk to yourself, talk to god, question him for his doings, and ask him what’s the good in the bad… While I was getting off the bus there was this loud music playing on the roads. And I said to myself why is there yet another procession and people causing traffic jam in Mumbai when the city is already so jammed. While I was crossing the roads there were these people I don’t know what you call them but who pierce sharp objects through their body and carry out a procession, why they do that I don’t know, like people are not hurting enough.
As I crossed the road, it was amazing to see how people after a hard days work were stuck in that traffic jam and wondering when are they going to get home. Some were in big cars and some in small. Some in cabs with their loved ones, holding hands, looking into each others eyes, oblivious to the blaring noise outside.( Love not only turns you blind but deaf also!!!). Some sitting in the car enjoying the music in their car. Some looking out like Mumbai cabbies do and wondering why this guy in the front is not moving? Some working on their laptop or reading. A guy actually doing nothing caught my eye, he looked at blank space and was may be thinking… of what’s gonna happen next… is he gonna make it, not make it, will all the problems pass by, will it ever dawn, can he quickly see what’s in future and come back to present to decide his next move… it was one of those times in the day when all that’s in the subconscious mind comes rushing in and blanks you out completely…
After I crossed the road I saw a little kid on the street maybe about 2 years dancing away to the procession music and enjoying it like it’s the best thing that happened to him in the day. May it was the best for him… but for me he was the best thing that happened in the day. Just seeing the joy on his face made me feel…
Life’s tough but not bad…

No comments: